Every girl does that one thing wrong at prom that they wish they could go back and re-do, they wish they did something else or wish they organised something better. If you follow these tips, you won’t end up like one of those girls.
- Not being open to new ideas. When choosing a dress, many people, when prom dress shopping, just skim past many dresses because of the way they look on display. This can be one of the worst decisions you can make, just because a dress doesn’t look ‘nice’ when it’s on display, it doesn’t mean it won’t look stunning on you. “Don’t judge a book by its cover.”
- Not organizing a ride. Many people think that their prom night will be perfect when they haven’t done any preparation, this is a huge mistake, to have a perfect prom night, you have to be organised. Make sure you have worked who is going to take you, because if you don’t, you will end up doing a last minute dash to get a taxi.
- Not going to the bathroom before you leave. Not going to the bathroom before you leave can be a terrible mistake, if you don’t, you will have to either go at the prom or while your at dinner. This is just an annoying, time consuming task that could be avoided if you just went before you left, then you don’t have to worry about when you should go in case you miss out on something.
- Over accessorizing. This is a common problem that many girls have when getting ready for prom, they want or think they need, too many accessories. Then, when you are at your prom, your dress looks to busy and is hard on the eyes. Try and find the balance between too many and too little. It’s good to do this with a friend because can give you advice and help you decide.
- You spend ‘millions’ on a dress. Many people worry about the price of their dress, if they spend a lot of money on their dress, when it comes to prom night they will want to be super careful to make sure it doesn’t get ruined. What you need to look for are discount prom dresses, you can find them on web sites and outlet stores. This way, you save money that you can spend on something more important.
- Booking your appointments the day of your prom. This is by far, the most stressful mistake you can possibly make, if you decide to book your hair, makeup and nail appointments on the day, all the salons and hairdressers will be full up with all the other people going to the ball. The best thing to do when getting ready for prom, is to sort out where you are going to go to get your hair, nails and makeup done, then, book an appointment as soon as possible, because hairdressers and salons can book up fast.
- Forgetting your ticket. This is a stupid mistake, that surprisingly, many of us make. Remember your ticket!!!
- Bringing to much to your prom. Go with the simple keys, phone and wallet approach, and maybe add in some lip stick. But make sure you don’t bring too much because you don’t want to lug around your heavy purse all night.
- Not organizing your after prom plans. When you come to the end of your prom, you want to know what you are going to do, where you are going to go. It’s best to sort this out a couple days before your prom I case your plans change.
If you follow these tips, I guarantee, you will end up having the night of your life!
If you have any other helpful suggestions and want to share with our readers, please take a moment and leave us a comment.