Extensions help to create the perfect red-carpet look for your hair.
They achieve this in two main ways:
- Extensions add length
- Add volume
Clip in and Temporary Options
If you are unsure about having this look long term, clip in extensions is a great option.
If you want something that can last for several weeks, semi-permanent extensions can be a great idea.
Semi-permanent hair extensions include tape-in pieces that last around 6-8 weeks. These are smaller sections than clip-ins and the new Invisible Tape extensions are almost completely undetectable when hair is down or worn up.
Permanent Hair Extensions cannot be taken in and out. They are fitted by different methods including hot fusing and gluing in.
It generally costs quite a bit more for permanent extensions. This is due to the additional time that is taken to fit them.
- Make sure you don’t leave this to the day of the prom.
- Take in a picture of your desired look to help your hairdresser understand what look you are wanting.
- 100% Human Hair looks far more natural than synthetic alternatives
- Use a Finishing Thermal Spray before applying heat operating tools
- Read reviews and do some research about your chosen hairdresser to ensure they do a quality job, that enhances your natural look.
What Kind of Hair Extensions Should I Get?
If it is just a matter of enhancing one’s hair for a special event like prom, or for a weekend or short period of time, temporary methods are great.
If you are overall disappointed with your hair and are looking to get extra length or volume for an ongoing period of time permanent methods are the way to go.
Whichever method you choose, be assured there are options to suit every budget, occasion and desired look.